Updated January 20, 2017
Collection and Use of Personal Information
This Policy also applies to information we collect in e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and our Service or Web site or when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party Web sites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
This Policy does not apply to information we collect offline or through any other means, including on any other Web site operated by us or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or which we obtain from any such third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Service or Web site.
By accessing or using our Web site or Service, you agree to this Policy. We reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time without notice to you other than posting of a notice on our Web site home page and posting of the revised policy at this page. Your continued use of our Service or Web site after we make any such change is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates. If you do not agree with our policies and practices as described in this Policy, your choice is not to use our Service or Web site.
Persons Under the Age of 13 (“Children”)
Our Service or Web site are intended for business use and are not intended for Children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from Children, but we do not routinely screen for the age of users of our Service or Web site. If you are under age 13, do not use or provide any information through our Service or Web site or on or through any of their features, register on the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn that any of our Service or Web site has collected or received Personal Information from a person under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have collected any information from or about a person under age 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Our Service or Web site collect several types of information from and about users, including information:
• By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other information that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law, as well as any other identifier by which you may be contacted individually online or offline (referred to herein as “Personal Information”);
• That is about you but does not identify you individually; and/or
• About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, services, or mobile applications, and usage details.
We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us.
• Automatically as you navigate through our Service or Web site, as described below.
• From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information you provide to us on or through our Service or Web site may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Service or Web site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Service or Web site, contacting us, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website, Service or Web site or other products or services.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
• Your use of our Support Portal to request support and maintenance services.
• Your search queries on our Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Service or Web site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
• Usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, Web beacons and other tracking technologies.
• Details of your visits to our Website or use of our Service or Web site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Service or Web site.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, operating system and browser type.
Our automatic data collection technologies also may collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party Web sites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Information, and we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information We collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Service or Web site according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to our Service or Web site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service or Web site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Service or Web site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
• Web Beacons. Pages of our the Service or Web site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as Web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Web site statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Web site content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
• To present our Service or Web site and their contents to you.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• To provide you with emails and other information about our products and services.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
• To notify you about changes to our Service or Web site or any products or services we offer or provide though them.
• To allow you to participate in or utilize interactive features of our Service or Web site.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users which does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
• To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
• To third parties to market their products or services. We contractually require these third parties to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it such as, for example, to fulfill a support request
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
• To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Emails from Us. If you do not want us to use your e-mail address/contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, please visit our opt-out page located at uptime.viakoo.com/unsubscribe. This opt out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration or product service experience.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Web site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com; or write to us at our mailing address at 1100 La Avenida St., Building B, Mountain View, CA 94043, Attention: Legal Department.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, including for example, our equipment support and maintenance portal, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We urge you not to share your password with anyone. We also urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of our Web site, if any, such as message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of our Web site.
Login to our Service or Web site uses encrypted communications protocols. Certain other information requests use unencrypted protocols, however, and the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we use reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic and administrative security measures to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Service or Web site. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Service or Web site.
1100 La Avenida St., Building B
Mountain View, CA 94043
Attention: Legal Department